Responsible for physician recruitment activities for Henry Ford Health System
(HFHS). Undertakes activities related to physician recruitment and sourcing to meet the goals and objectives of physician recruitment strategies. Responsible for all steps associated with sourcing, screening and delivering qualified, diverse physician and mid-level provider candidates to HFHS.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the HFHS Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Participates in the full recruitment activities including candidate identification sourcing and interviewing, marketing and advertising, reporting, and maintaining physician searches. Responsible for various recruitment methods, i.e., HFHS website, physician career websites, advertising, direct mail, telemarketing, physician career fairs, and physician databases.
3. Utilizes physician recruiting procurement methods to generate qualified physician and mid-level provider candidates for current and future clinical opportunities. Identifies potential physician candidates through direct and indirect sourcing, online job postings, physician residency and fellowship programs and events, networking, Internet, social media, referrals and professional medical associations across the country.
4. Initiates cold calling of potential physician candidates. Performs searches including broadcast and specific emails to targeted potential candidates in an effort to recruit qualified physicians and mid-level providers to be presented to medical, clinical and administrative leadership for consideration.
5. Works with various System, Regional and Medical leaders to create, maintain and update HFHS physician opportunities.
6. Develops and maintains detailed reports for Physician Recruitment function to review the status of all recruitment efforts, and tracks physician placement throughout HFHS.
7. Works with various HFHS Residency Programs to recruit current and future graduates from HFHS GME programs. Builds relationships with program coordinators, both internal and external, of GME programs within the US. Presents opportunities to Residency Programs in an effort to secure placement of residents desiring to remain within or become part of HFHS.
8. Works with Director of Physician Recruitment to continually improve the sourcing, recruiting, and placement of physicians and mid-level providers.
9. Responsible for content and or response using social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc. as appropriate. Coordinates and participates in physician career fairs, local and national recruiting shows, medical conferences, etc.
10. Reviews, evaluates, and presents physician and mid-level provider CV’s along with completed screening summary of potential candidates. Conducts initial screening assessments of physician and mid-level provider candidates.
11. Participates and coordinates in activities for various physician recruitment projects.
12. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, HFHS Compliance Program, Standards of Conduct, ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of business or healthcare administration as normally obtained through a Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, marketing, health care administration or related field.
2. Minimum of four (4) to five (5) years health care experience in physician recruiting, medical staffing/credentialing, marketing/business development or health care administration.
3. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
4. Must possess knowledge of medical and surgical clinical specialty areas.
5. High level of skills with computers and software. Demonstrated computer competency including use of windows-based computer system with advanced proficiency of a variety of tools including email, internet, and software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database applications and presentation software. Experience with social media outlets.
6. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and networking skills especially with physicians, medical staff leadership and administrative leadership.Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the HFHS’ Customer Service Policy and summarized below:
Must possess the following Critical Competencies:
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Leadership Competencies
- Boundary Spanning
- Systems Thinking
- Leading Change and People
- High level customer focus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Be self-directed
- Be flexible and committed to the team concept
- Detail- oriented
- Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
- Be open to new learning experiences
- Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
- Demonstrates customer service values
The incumbent must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities and be able to prioritize and balance the requirements of working within and throughout various functions and entities in the organization to achieve physician recruitment partnerships and successful outcomes
Must be able to travel to various HFHS sites and locations as neededThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified.